Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Mock-up and Progress Report✨

 As with all projects, this one has changed in several ways. I decided that instead of a complex dark room, I am going to go with bright and simple. When looking at my rough drafts I realized that I wanted to head in a different direction.

 I found a website that when you dragged a cursor it created different flat kaleidoscope stills, and from there my idea took off. I also found out about the pre-school activity called the “Bilateral mirror”. This is where you and a partner are across the table from each other, and use an assortment of colors or paper to create a similar mirror image of each other. It also doubles as a mindfulness and team building exercise.



I took these two concepts and did a test run or mock-up. The difference I found was that the rainbow pencil (I bought enough for the class) did not show up well on my paper. It was instead my oil pastels that really gave a bright mark. My revision for this instead now is incorporating the cosmic effect I want by using pastels on black paper, and maybe incorporating the rainbow pencil some other way. However, this test run really gave me something to work with and I am excited to see how it translates into my installation. I am also excited to see how people work together when it is different from friend with friend, versus peer with peer. 





2 comments:

  1. That will be a really interesting project! I want to participate in that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to do this. With Johnie's comment about doing this with his son I feel like it'll unlock all of our inner children. I'm a little bit confused about the technicalities of how we're doing the mirroring part, like are we trying to match exactly what the person across from us is drawing and drawing simultaneously? I may have missed that part of your presentation, sorry! I think this will be super fun and cause lots of giggles and silliness, so I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

⋆Final Installation Blog⋆

  This experience was like no other! When this idea was on the chalkboard of my mind, I felt like it would stay put forever just because I w...